Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Gingerbread House

I'll have to admit, I have not been big on making gingerbread houses even when my kids were little. My one attempt was a dismal failure so decided to put my creative talents elsewhere. So now, I can make gingerbread houses on cards.
The house stamp is Studio G, colored with pencils. The gumdrop border, sentiment, and gingerbread cookie are from a new set by Lawn Fawn. It comes with a coordinating die set which I will be going back to order. I stamped the gingerbread cookie on Kraft paper and fussy cut it out. Fussy cutting very many gingerbread cookies would get really tedious. I used a white gel pen to make the icing borders on the cookie, then sponged on some white ink to give it the dusted with sugar look. I used a red colored pencil to draw on the heart. The companion girl cookie is on the inside.
That sentiment is done on the computer.
This is from a sketch by Tuesday Morning Sketches

2 comments:

  1. This is really cute! (I'm glad I'm not the only one who couldn't make a gingerbread house!)
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card Donna, your Gingerbread house and man turned out great. Thank you for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete