Sunday, December 9, 2012

Hearts & Love

I am making good progress on the Valentine's I am making for Operation Write Home. The last of the Christmas card are going in the mail tomorrow. So I thought I would use the next couple of weeks to make Valentine's for our troops. I am using the sketch fromRetrosketches and the color challenge fromThe Paper Players. Pool Party may not be the traditional color for Valentine's but I think this turned out to be a good combo.
 
Ignore the brown in the background. I had to back the card for the scanner to pick up the white edges. My camera is in the shop.
The Cherry Cobbler paper is done with Sizzix IP and the aqua is with Cuttlebug. The heart is a very old Delta one stamped with SU's Cherry Cobbler. Twine is Tim Holtz. The little love tag is TAC and punched with SU tag punch.
Here is the sketch I used:


 

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card, Donna! I love this texture...WOW! The heart is so cool, too! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the double twine trim & the lovely layers of texture, Donna. Great card! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Donna! Love the texture from the embossing and the two colors of twine. Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete