Monday, March 28, 2011

Card aisle inspiration

Laurie  who makes amazing cards, over at Soapbox Creations blog has challenged her followers to get inspiration from the card aisle at the store. I didn't even have to go shopping---I have the Hallmark "make your own card" CD installed on my computer. So that is where I shopped. Here is my inspiration card. I did have to print it out and then scan it.

Here is my interpretation.

I used papers from my scrap file so don't know where that aqua paper is from. The dragonfly stamp is Stampabilites. I first stamped some swirls on the scalloped circle in a neon green. Then using the Stamp-a-ma-jig, I stamped the dragonfly with baby blue and then violet. I used the stamp off technique with both colors. It gives it a little softer look. The ribbon and rhinestones are from Michael's. I haven't decided on a sentiment yet. What do you think it looks like?
My DH has commented that what he likes about my cards is that they are so dimensional. (I think he actually gets it!! LOL!!) Can't get that look in the card aisle!!

4 comments:

  1. Donna I love it! How fun that you had the software on your computer! Inspiration at your finger tips!! Thank you so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun take on the inspiration card. Purple is a great addition. Hope I get the chance to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the challenge Donna. I really like the ribbon paired with that paper. This is a good all-occassion card. It's always good to have a card on hand that you can add any sentiment to later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card...love the colors.

    ReplyDelete