Friday, November 13, 2020

Snowflakes

I love using sketches for a jumping off point for card designs. I have a whole Pintrest board of card sketches.  This one is from Dawn Griffith It is really great that she puts the measurements on there for you, although my squares are a different size. I used scraps leftover from using 12x12 sheets for other cards.




My interpretation:


The papers are snippets from Snowflake Splendor paper from SU--pieces from 3 different designs  The snowflake is die cut from a scrap of vellum. The sentiment is from SU's Itty Bitty Christmas, new this year. I used a Sizzix Falling Snow embossing folder for the background Pool Party cardstock. 

For challenges

Let's Craft and Create Challenge 165 --use a sketch.

Let's Squash It challenge to use a Christmas embossing folder and stamp.

Pixie's Crafty Workshop: Pixie's Snippet Playground.  Playing for the prize. I was about to order blending brushes when I saw that Di is giving away brushes with this challenge. Holding off ordering, hoping to win them.

8 comments:

  1. You are so good at using sketches. I love seeing how you interpret them. This card is perfect, and it was a great way to use up some snippets. Love the vellum snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you entered this one in the latest challenge at Let's Craft and Create!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely card Donna. My, I wish I had the funds to send everyone a set of those brushes. If you haven't entered twice already I've extended the Playground Challenge by a week (hurt my shoulder and not crafting for now) and you CAN enter twice! Go for it!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, Donna. I love that vellum snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely snippets card.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful take on the sketch, Donna! I love the soft and dreamy look of your design! Thank you for your visit and fun comment! Happy Thanksgiving! Keep safe! Hugs, Darnell (p.s. if you don't win the brushes, you can get great ones at Amazon for little $.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous. Love the soft colours and the snow. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty delicate card with your vellum snowflake and a very clever sketch too. Love the detail from your embossing folder too. Thank you so much for your visit x

    ReplyDelete