Saturday, July 14, 2018

Summer Twofer

Sunny, Hot, Humid, Steamy summer afternoon. A big tall glass of lemonade is called for. The rage all over Pinterest is food and drink served in canning jars.  That is how I am having my lemonade. I like to top my lemonade with a little bit of Sprite for some bubbly.  Hey, if you are feeling adventuresome, a splash of Vodka might be good also.




Using SU Jars of Love set, I stamped the jar on Vellum then die cut it and stamped Daffodil Delight on the backside.  I cut down a straw and attached it to the card stock with glue dots. Hampton Art umbrella, stamped, colored with Su Blender Pens and fussy card and attached to a small strip of tan with  a punched circle "cherry" on it. The sun is from Swirly Bird set. Oh no, it looks like the "Cheers" sentiment is kink of crooked.  You might think I have already been imbibing! hahahaha! More likely my glasses were a little cock-eyed.

When your lemonade is gone, go out to the back yard and cut some Black-eyed Susans to make a centerpiece for the picnic table.
Same jar stamped with Pool Party for the water. I stamped some stems and die cut 1 stem to give some depth. The punched flowers are attached with glue dots.
These are for Darnell's Twofer Card Challenge

9 comments:

  1. Donna, your cards are both delightful! (I had to stop by to see the second card. The two-fer challenge does note that you should have both cards on one photo in order to enter. So... you might want to do that and re-enter. I'd hate to see your entry be disqualified because you only have one posted. Plus... the flower one is adorable!) PS My entry is #11

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just ate a restaurant today where they served beverages in canning jars and it was fun! I love your refreshing summer drink with its festive umbrella, Donna! (Mine would have wodka!) And it is too cute using it later for a wildflower bouquet! Very cute and clever take on the challenge!

    Kathy is right above, we do like to see both cards at least partially visible in the gallery photo, just to help the team at the end of the challenge. Let me know via email if you have any problems with taking another photo or with deleting/ reentering the challenge. Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #7! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! That's what I get for not reviewing the rules. I went back and fixed it.

      Delete
  3. Your two mason jar cards are adorable Donna! Great idea to use vellum for the jars and to add the ink to the back. That lemonade looks delicious and I love that you've used a real straw ... so clever! The umbrella and the cherry on top! :)

    Your black-eyed Susan's are gorgeous in the same jar. Great design and a lovely thank you card for someone special. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both awesome cards! I have a couple of jar stamps and need to get them out and use them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love your mason jar cards - so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the mason jar trend and your fabulous cards! To use a real straw was a clever touch! The jar also looks pretty as a vase for your sweet flowers!
    Thank you for joining us at the Twofer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, Love your mason-jar take on this Twofer Challenge. Well done!

    ReplyDelete