Thursday, March 10, 2016

Challenge

This sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch was quite a challenge for me.

I have trouble with leaving lots of white space. And I was blanking on what to do with that little right angle feature. So I moved the sentiment up there. It just makes a little larger right angle--and haha, fills up more of the white space!
I used a sentiment from SU's Watercolor Words  The aqua polka dot paper is a piece of tissue paper. I tried going for the faux silk but didn't get the tissue crumpled enough so I ended up with just some tissue paper with wrinkles. But by then it is already glued in place. Remember in junior high how we would decorated the dots in our words with little hears--especially if it was our boyfriend's name? That is what I did with a punched heart over the j, To sparkle it up a bit, I used a clear star gel pen and traced over the letters. 
I think a junior high girl will like receiving this card so I will be sending it to Send A Smile 4Kids and submitting it to their Spring Colors challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you could make the sketch work for you! Your card is pretty and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that little heart to replace the dot of the i. I've not tried that tissue paper technique - not sure I could carry it off. It would probably look like I just messed up or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever girl, Donna! Yes to the hearts, not yet to the tissue paper - must learn more!
    =]

    ReplyDelete