Thursday, February 4, 2016

2 New Techniques.

One of my crafting resolutions this year was to try some new techniques. So here goes. Today I have a card with the shaving cream techniques back ground and some emboss resist water coloring.

I used SU Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise, and Daffodil Delight reinkers in the shave cream for the background. I like the look but I'm thinking way too messy to use very often. I was able to get 4 pieces at one time. The flower is from SU Simply Sketched, stamped with VersaMark, embossed with black embossing powder and then colored with an aqua painter with Daffodil, Hello Honey, orange, and Mossy Meadow. I dabbed a bit of Wink of Stella on the flower center. The sentiment is an old one from SU
The sketch is from Pals Paper Arts
PPA-286-Feb04

6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love the background you created! Glad you joined us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've often wondered about that marbling technique. I only have a couple re-inkers, and they're in darker colors. Not sure how they'd look, but maybe I should give it a try. Your card is so pretty! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What really yummy colors here, Donna! I've done the emboss resist, but still haven't tried the shaving cream idea! You have excelled at it!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you.....I need to try more techniques and you have inspired me! LOVE the background, super take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fun technique for sure! Thanks for the inspiration and for playing with the PPA this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the shaving cream technique - it came out perfect! Looking forward to seeing more new techniques from you. You nailed this one! Thanks for sharing it with us at PPA this week!

    ReplyDelete