Monday, February 16, 2015

Mojo Monday

Today, in southern Indiana, we have piles and piles of snow with more coming. So what a good day to hibernate in the craft room and play all day. It has been a while since I played along with the sketch challenge from Mojo Monday. Frankly, all those layers intimidate this CAS girl but hey that's what makes it a challenge. Right? So here goes
I had the pink cardstock laying on the desk so went hunting in my scrap file for something to go with it. I found DSP from SU that reminds me of the Bokah technique. I think it was called water color paper but may be discontinued. Then it was a matter of pulling out coordinating solids. The sentiment is from Painted Petals by SU stamped on velllum and punched out with scallop punch. It is centered on a pink punched circle.. The leaf is a Spellbinder die. I punched out 3 little flowers and sponged some blush pink ink on them. They are attached with glue dots and have rhinestone centers for a little bling. That little blue bird is from an old stamp that I didn't like. I cut the bird off and discarded the rest. It is colored with blue pencils and fussy cut. It also is attached with glue dots.
Here is the Mojo sketch

I am also linking up at The Paper Players since their challenge is "feathered friends"

7 comments:

  1. You make it sound so easy, Donna! It would have taken me days to collect all the right papers and embellishments. Your card is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you were teasing us, Donna! It doesn't look like those fabulous layers intimidated you at all! This is very, very pretty!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card. And such a sweet sentiment. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty...cute use of the sketch and that sweet little birdie! Thanks for sharing this with us at the PP this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the spring colors you used for this card and the sentiment is so nice. I'm in central IN and we didn't get hardly any snow but is it ever cold with more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card! Your combined the challenges perfectly. Sure do miss the Watercolor Wonder DSP. Thank you for playing along with the Paper Players theme challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pretty colours you used for your card and that little bluebird is just the cutest accent. Thanks for joining my CAS bird challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete