Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Painted Petals

After 5 attempts I think I am finally able to share what I have done with Painted Petals set from SU. I love what I've been seeing on blogs with this stamp. It gives a soft watercolor look.
I tried stamping stems first, then the flowers wouldn't come out right. Then I tried flowers and added stems later but they didn't always fit. Then I would have one with ink smears. Usine a combo of the two techniques, I finally came up with one to keep. I used Melon Mambo and Certainly Celery inks. It seemed to need a little something to fill the white space at the top so I added a butterfly using the SU punch. Pink gemstones make up the butterfly body and center of 2 of the flowers. The banner strips are from my scrap bin.
I used this sketch from Freshly Made Sketches

I am also linking to The Shabby Tea Room with this gorgeous inspiration photo:

And to What Will You Stamp because they are featuring Painted Petals.

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Love the blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the results this stamp set gives. Your card is so pretty. The banners are a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stamping process sounds like mine - stamp, smear, try again! Sweet colors - and the the butterfly is a great touch. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the simplicity of this card! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at WWYS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colouring on the flowers Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! I love the soft colors and the soft images. Just gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete