The challenge at CAS-ualfridays is black and white with a splash of color of choice. I just about always go with red when I think of black and white. I learned this really cool technique with rubberbands, acrylic block, and stamp ink. I tried it and am loving it so much I stamped several pieces while I had the messy rubber bands. So I am totally casing Brian's idea. See it here. Brian always has cool techniques and tips on his blog.
I used the rubber band technique with black SU ink. The red flower is from a package I picked up at Michael's dollar rack. It is secured with a black brad. I scrunched up the flower for some depth but that doesn't show very well. I'm thinking maybe I'll go back and use some shimmer spray or glitter glue to perk up that flower a little.