Thursday, August 17, 2017

Fall Leaves

My computer is doing something really wonky and not giving me the site address to link up so I hope this works out.

TIME OUT challenges #90 is Autumn with the optional twist of Speed Stamping

Speed Stamping being defined as making a card in 10 minutes or less, after assembling the supplies.  I was able to do mine in 7 min. 46 sec. And it actually has no stamping at all.  The sentiment was done on the computer and die cut with a Stampabilities label die, then sponged on the edges.

The card base is Old Olive from SU. The Kraft layer is embossed with the trees EF and Chocolate Brown lightly rubbed over the top to highlight the trees trunks.  The part that made this card so quick is the Impression Obsession leaves. I used a scrap of white, sponged on orange yellow, and red dyes in an area big enough for the leaves to cover and die cut them all at once. Then I highlighted the veins lightly with a q-tip and brown ink. The leaves are attached with glue dots and then a raffia bow.  After I assembled the front, I found an extra leaf under my card so attached it inside with the sentiment also done on the computer.

5 comments:

  1. love you took up our challenge and what an amazing card you made and so super quick. I love all the texture and colours. Great idea to highlight the veins on the leaves with a q-tip....must remember this! Thanks for joining us at Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I LOVE your sentiment. May have to CASE it for some of my own Thanksgiving cards. Thanks so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! I especially like the way you created the leaves. So pretty! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow so cool, I love this card!!! Thank you so much for joining us at the Time Out challenge. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I just love the texture you created in the background with that EF - the perfect backdrop for those gorgeous Autumn leaves! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete