Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Scrapbooks

I have something a little different to share today. Have you ever tried using the sketches you find all over blogland as inspiration for scrapbook page layouts? I have taken this sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches

as inspiration for a page in my scrapbook of the recent trip to Yellowstone National Park.
Here is the basic sketch used to set up the page.
And after I added the pictures.

It was so cool to see the black bear come right down to the road. It stayed there holding up traffic for quite some time. In the lower left is a mama moose taking her baby for a swim. On the right is a young elk feeding at water's edge.
I added a scrap of water design paper behind the moose and elkto bring out the water in the pictures. The background DP is from Paper studio. The font on the label is CK letters that I have in my word program. I think this one is called campground. It prints in b/w and I colored the trees and frames around the words with colored pencils.  To fill in some of the blank spaces, I added bear and moose stickers from Paper House at Hobby Lobby.
If you haven't had a chance to visit Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks, I would urge you to put it on your bucket list. They are both awesome.

7 comments:

  1. Great idea to use the sketch as a LO! Beautiful pics! Yellowstone is on my want-to-visit list, for sure.
    Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
    Debbie - TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Donna, I love that you used the card sketch for your page. Great photos of the bears. What a great adventure. Thanks for playing this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Wanda DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool layout! Good idea to use a card sketch. It totally worked. I love those parks, too. They are just awe-inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great LO !!!!!
    Nice pictures !

    Ineke X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely LO. I have a friend who uses turns LO sketches into cards, but first time I've seen it go the other way (smile). Beautifully done. Thank you for joining us this week at TMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic use of the sketch. What a fun page. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Donna you never cease to amaze me I just love this page AND your photos!! Thanks so much for joining us over at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete