Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Tuesday Morning Sketch

It is sad that I am needing a lot of Sympathy Cards lately. But taking the time to make a special card gives me an opportunity to reflect on life of the deceased and their family.
The burlap flowers are by Recollections purchased at Michael's. The lighter ones can also be sponged with any colored ink for an interesting variation. The image and sentiment are from SU's Simply Sketched. I lightly colored the image with colored pencils.
The layout is from this sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches
 

3 comments:

  1. I love those burlap flowers. I wonder if the faux burlap cardstock would look that good if it were die-cut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful sympathy card!! Sorry you have needed many, but I'm sure they will be a great comfort to the recipients.
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful sympathy card design Donna.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete