Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Minecraft Creeper

Okay, so don't get all "creeped" out and think "what in the world is she thinking?"
My grandsons play a video game called Minecraft. Andrew wants a Minecraft theme birthday party this year. I really don't know a lot about the game except from watching him play. I know everything is in graphic squares and pixelated. So I have been playing around with images from the game. This one is called creeper. I printed it from an internet image onto some green textured paper from www.coordinations.com.  I used a Tim Holtz stencil and sponged on some white and black to make that pixelated effect.. The blues represent other aspects of the game--water, blue diamonds, etc. The black is textured with IP folder from Darice. The grey strip was run through with an IP from Cuttlebug. I cut out the creeper and popped him up on Dimensionals.
What we won't do for our grandchildren!!!
One of the craziest cards I have made for the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches which adds the challenge of using green, blue, and black.

5 comments:

  1. I bet your grandson is going to love this! Kudos to you for working so hard to please him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids love Minecraft, too! Great card for your GS!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids do not play Minecraft, so I am so glad you explained the character! Cute take on this weeks sketch, I'm sure your grandson will love his card! Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to get my kids into playing Minecraft but so far no go. It seems like a fun game! Love that you persevered to make something he'll really love :) Thanks SO much for coming to play with us so faithfully at TMS, Donna - you'll be on our Facebook page again today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, i don't know about Minecraft..i am so out of the loop with my head in cardmaking.. :( I am so very happy that you joined us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete