Sunday, August 16, 2026

Soft Muted Pumpkins

 I love the new Glow of Autumn Paper that was a product of the month for August by Stampin' Up!. The colors are softened and there is a bit of glimmer to the paper too.


This is probably called an extended gate fold or maybe just a pocket card. The base is Golden Glow cut at 5 1/2 x 11. Score at 3 3/8 from each end. The folds will over lap and you will cut at a diagonal 2" down on the left side and 1" down on the right side. The DSP is cut at 3 1/2 x 5 1/2. The tricky part is where to cut the diagonals on the DSP. As you can see, I didn't get it exactly right on the right side. If any one has a hint for doing that, please share.

Glue the bottom edges and the inside of the right fold to form a pocket. The sentiment is SU on Very Vanilla. punched out and mounted with dimensionals. Then 3 iridescent gems.

Inside I did a computer statement on Very Vanilla and trimmed it down to fit in the pocket. A hole punched at the top and ribbon will give the recipient the idea to pull it out.


I'm entering this in The Paper Players challenge of CAS Looking Forward to Fall

3 comments:

  1. Donna, what a special Fall card. Love the fun fold and the pocket insert. The DSP is beautiful with all the pumpkins and Fall images. The sentiments of lovely! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, Donna, with an interesting fold. The way I do angle cuts is to cut a rectangle to fit the area that started as a rectangle before the angle cut. Then I lay the DSP on the angle cut section, making sure it is 1/4" (for a 1/8" border at the bottom + a 1/8" border at the top) from the bottom of that section. Holding them in place together, I carefully turn both pieces over to the backside and trace the angle with a pencil. That's the line I cut on. If this is too hard to understand, let me know and I'll take some photos of the process and send them to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't done a pocket card for a long time! I just got these papers too and they are just lovely, happy to see you used them here. Sweet sentiments too! Thanks for playing with our CAS challenge at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete