Saturday, September 19, 2020

Make a Mess

I am a champion of making messes. Not only in craft room but many other rooms in the house, especially the kitchen. So when this challenge from Shopping Our Stash SOS 429: Make a mess! came up I knew I should enter.


You may have to expand the picture to really see all the details. The background is the wet baby wipe technique with SU inks: pool party, tempting turquoise, highland heather. Using a wet baby wipe, dab it on an ink pad and lightly dab onto cardstock or watercolor paper. I dabbed off on a scratch paper first so the colors would be lighter. All this resulted in very inky hands. 

Next layer is an SU vellum square doily sprayed with clear glitter burst spray--best to do this outdoors. I used a box indoors but the valve got stuck open and I could not get it to stop spraying. Nearly asphyxiated myself before I got the box moved outdoors. Starting over! I had to wait a few days for a new can of glitter burst spray to be delivered. 

The strip of blue is from the scrapbox. I think it came from a Ms. Sparkle paper pad purchased at Joan's.  Large letter die cuts are from scraps of silver paper. The Christmas sentiment is an old one from SU on a die cut label sponged with pool party ink.  I added 3 clear sequins for more glitter. 

So there is my "messy" card that turned out quite nice. This definitely will be one of a kind--no mass producing.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Donna, your post just made me chuckle. I hope you don't mind if I nearly laughed out loud at the description of the spray nozzle getting stuck on your glitter burst spray. I'm glad you were finally able to get it outside. For all the mess it made, your card is really nice. I hadn't hear of the wet baby wipe technique. May have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Donna!!!
    Must be a Donna thing - I am also very good at making messes :)
    Thanks for getting messy with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Wow-- you had a glitter adventure, huh?! When we said to "make a mess" you went all out! Well, lovely icy card! Thanks for joining at SOS!

    ReplyDelete