Thursday, August 1, 2019

Sunflowers

They are stripping and then repaving my street today, making a lot of dust so I see a trip to the carwash tomorrow.  No going anywhere today though. Perfect day to spend in the craft room.

Sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers. Stampin' Up!'s Painted Harvest is getting a lot of use. I stamped a bunch of sunflowers and fussy cut them so they are ready for quick cards. Punching out leaves in different shades of green also makes them readily accesible. I store all of these in the case with the stamps.
I left off the sentiment so I can add it for whatever occasion I need. The DP is from retired DSP from SU. Card base is Chocolate Chip. The ribbons are from Michaels.
I used the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch!

Here are a couple more cards with the beautiful sunflower.


This is loose interpretation of the same sketch, if you tilt your head a bit.  Card base is Kraft. The background is grapefruit grove embossed with an SU folder. The sentiment is from Inky Antics stamped with Crumb Cake on a Stitched Nested Label (top edge cut off). Under the sunflowers, I added some strands of raffia.

The next one is CAS and quick. tape down a piece of burlap. (Money saving tip: buy 1/4 yard of burlap fabric and cut into pieces). Add a sunflower and some leaves.




1 comment:

  1. Your cards are all beautiful, Donna. I have some burlap, so I really need to get it out and use it on some cards. I love the way your burlap looks, so I think I need to CASE your card.

    ReplyDelete