Wednesday, December 5, 2018

"Hay" There

I have finished, addressed and sent Christmas cards. So I am moving on to Valentine cards. It sneaks up on us before we know it. I have 5 grandchildren plus their parents. They live a considerable distance. Since I don't see them often, I send them each a card and treat. The kids are all teens and pre-teens so they don't want anything cutesy.  And I like doing puns on cards.
Also it is time to start making some for Send A Smile 4 Kids. Since it is still winter here at Valentine's Day, I think my card will be okay for their Winter Fun 4 Kids challenge.
The background paper, a friend gave me. The bale of hay is from LaLa Land stamps, the hairy chick in back is from SU and the small one is from Newton's Nook.All colored with SU blender pens and fussy cut.
 Inside I did a computer sentiment that says "Be my Valentine".
I have used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches, using my 3 sentiment words as their 3 accents at the bottom.
And one for the boys
The striped paper is from SU. The farmer is from Newton's Nook.
Since it is Anything Goes at Tuesday Throwdown, I will post there too.

5 comments:

  1. These are both great! Fun images!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those chicks! Both these cards are so cute. I admire how many cards you make for Send a Smile 4 Kids. You are a good soul!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your punny 1st card with a great idea to use the sentiment for the 3 elements in the sketch! Both are such fun, and thanks for entering into the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your cards are super cute and you are right, Valentines Day will be here before we know it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun cards. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete