Thursday, September 1, 2016

Cowboy Christmas

Do you have friends in warm climates that your usual snow, snowmen, snowflake, and winter scenes do not seems just right?
For my friends in Texas:
I used a Kraft card base. The wood background is from SU's Serene Scenery paper stack. I free hand cut and lightly colored the snow piles. The snowman is stamped and cut with SU's Snow Place set. I used the scarf die to cut the scarf from a scrap of red bandana paper. The cowboy hat is clip art, printed and fussy cut. Howdy is Die Versions. I added some puff snow to the edges. Punched snowflakes are Martha Stewart. Not likely to have snow in Houston for Chrismas but I know they will love this card.
None of my stamps seemed appropriate so I made up this sentiment and did it on the computer.
If you squint a little and cock your head, you might see how I was inspired by this sketch from Little Tangles

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog today! I love visiting yours and seeing your wonderful work. Love the "snowboy" (instead of cowboy) card today and the background paper is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so darn cute! Your friends will love it. I know I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heehee. This is just too cute! Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete