Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Gift Set

Seems like a long time since I have posted anything. We traveled to Texas to be with our daughter's family for Thanksgiving.
A friend asked me to make her some all occasion card gift sets to use for Christmas gifts for her co-workers.
Here is one with the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches

The card base is SU Lost Lagoon. The DP is from Hobby Lobby but I don't know the manufacturer. Sentiment, punched flowers and seam binding ribbon are from SU. The turquoise swirl is a Tim Holtz die
.
Here is the sympathy card for the set. I didn't feel I could use the red dot for sympathy so just went with Lost Lagoon and Whisper White.  I just learned this faux silk technique, If you haven't done it, faux silk is stamping on tissue paper, wadding it up into a little ball, open back up and glue to cardstock with the wrinkles still in place. That is hard to see on the photo--try clicking on the photo to get a close up.

I don't have Lost Lagoon ink so I used tempting turquoise for the weeds which are an old favorite but I no longer remember who makes it. The turquoise was a little bright so I sponged on some Tim Holtz tea dye to tone it down and give it a little antique look. The sentiment is SU done in baked brown sugar.
Here are the other cards in the set, When doing a set, I think using the same papers give a cohesive look even though each card is a different design.
And a decorated gift bag to hold the cards.


3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous set of cards, Donna! They certainly make a beautiful gift, especially with your coordinating gift bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Donna!! I love your color combo!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
    Debbie (TMS DT)
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful set of cards Donna, your TMS card is so pretty and I love those flowers. Thank you for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete