Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Orange & Sparkly

Orange for Christmas? Hmm. When I saw this pick 3 challenge from The Kraft Journal, I wondered how I could incorporate orange on a Christmas card.

I went searching in my paper file and found an orange that had a bit of a glow to it. That just might work. My pick 3 became orange, top fold, stamped.
I stamped Stampabilities stars onto the card base with Versamark and then traced over them with a gold star gel pen. That kept them from being as bright as embossing powder would have been. I wanted them to glow but not compete with the glitter word. SU tree punch. Word dies from Ellen Hutson. Gold sparkle paper from SU. Inside I added a sentiment from SU Christmas Bliss and a punched out star.
So I think I made orange work well on a Christmas Card. Now I need to go clean glitter off my desk surface. Needles to say it did not all stay on the paper work sheet. There is new meaning to the saying "all women are born to shine". I saw that quote on a sign at my local Curves but don't know who said it.

1 comment:

  1. I would never have thought of orange as a possibility for a Christmas card. After seeing your pretty, sparkly card, it's definitely been add to my list of possibilities. I really like how you kept your stars more subtle so as to let "merry" be the focus.
    .

    ReplyDelete