Monday, August 17, 2015

Juniper Tree

We just spent a week with the kids and grands at my brother-in-law"s cabin on a lake. Lots of fun watersports, games, and of course food. My card is inspired by the beautiful juniper tree outside my bedroom window.
Kraft cardstock goes so well with nature themes so I used that as my card base. The brown strip was run through the crimper to simulate logs and tied with natural linen twine. The pine branch is an old stamp from Hero Arts. I dotted with a blue marker to make the juniper berries. The little red bird is from an old rubber stamp that I just cut off the bird. I stamped it in SU Real Red, colored it with red pencils, cut it out and glued it to the branch. . The Merry Christmas is from SU.
I am linking this to The Kraft Journal for their anything goes birds challenge 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Donna what a sweet little red bird on your beautiful holiday card. Your card is just perfect for this weeks challenge at The Kraft Journal, Anything Goes - Birds. Thanks for playing along.
    Babette
    thekraftjournal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you CAS Christmas card. I've been imagining a similar card, but haven't quite gotten around to turning my idea into a card. I just hope it turns out as nice as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna it is a great card ! The craft and nature fits very wel !
    Ineke says hello to you !

    ReplyDelete