Monday, June 15, 2015

Patriotic Thanks

I am preparing my last box of cards for Operation Write Home. They will no longer receive cards after August 1. That is a good thing as it means a lot of troops have returned home. But now I need to find another charity outlet for my excess cards. Any suggestions?
So this is a thank you card for Any Hero
Everything here is from Stampin' Up except the blue check DP from my scrap stash. The thin strip of gold is from SU's envelope liners that were in a kit. It always photos as black but IRL it is very shiny. And I now see it is also very crooked! ugh!! I stacked 4 layers of "thanks", bottom to top is black, red, white, blue. If you squint and look real close you can tell there are layers. Click on the image to get a larger view.
I was inspired by the sketch from Mojo Monday

Just Us Girls challenge is stacked die cuts so I will link up there as well.

5 comments:

  1. What a fantastic take on that sketch, and love the multi colored stacked sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card!! Thanks for playing along at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stacked layers of die cuts! Nice job!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your big "thanks" die-cut. This is such a great card for a service man or woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is fabulous! I just love how you used the stars instead of circles. Gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along with Mojo!

    ReplyDelete