Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Candles

Cold, windy, and just generally unpleasant outside today so I am playing inside,  hibernating in my craft room. My brother-in-law turns 70 this year. I think he will love this. Not a thing old about a man who just returned from a ski trip and has zip lined in a rain forest.
The candle stamp is an old one from Inkadinkadoo. The tag has the complete row of candles. I repeated it across the card base. I colored in the candles with a green pencil that matches the scrap DPs. A gold star gel pen gives sparkle to the flames. The sentiment is from SU, part on the front and the rest inside
I added a little cupcake stamp to emphasis the so little cake--also because I smeared a little green ink there. LOL!
I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches

3 comments:

  1. Super card, Donna! I think that cupcake on the inside is perfect! Sometimes those "smudges" result in an even better card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've used these cute candles as both the focal point and the background -- very clever. And the sentiment makes me smile. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cute Donna! Love all those candels! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete