The gentleman who usually sits behind me at church (and yes we are creatures of habit and sit in the same place every week!LOL. I bet you do too!) fell yesterday and broke his hip. I went to my stash to find a get well card for him and found I have very few and no masculine ones. So I used the sketch to make a card for Tom.
I added a strip sticker from an EcoPark scrapbook kit to the "board" paper strip. The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn punched with oval punch and centered on a Kraft oval. The black chevron is Washi tape.
Inside I did a sentiment with the "lumber" font on the computer and lightly colored it brown. Then accented with the tape and 1 cutout of the diamonds.
The other share is the same sketch design on a gift bag for a birthday coming up soon.
I think you call this "upcycling". My Mom received a gift in the bag and then gave the bag to me to reuse. It had a sticker on the top edge that needed to be covered. I used DPs from SU for the banners. I diecut a label from Kraft, punched an oval and used a sentiment from The Angel Company. A big red button tied with twine adds accent.
Today I am sharing a card with the black, kraft, lime, newsprint and white combination challenge from ColourQ along with the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches
I used a Kraft card base, black mat, then newsprint (DP from SU). I sponged some Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink on the newsprint to tone it down a bit. The lime polka dots are Bo Bunny matted to black. I have been noticing and liking the double tag designs so went with that--repeating the kraft in the background. The Lucky Limeaid (SU) stamped flourish is from an old stamp in my stash. The sentiment is from SU's One In A Million set. I tied the tags with lime/white twine and added a big rhinestone for bling. I think this could be used for a wedding card or anniversary card.
Here is the sketch I followed:
Tuesday Morning Sketches challenge this week comes with a twist--use 3 Bs on a card. Mine has blue, banners, and butterfly.
I also did stitching for Tuesday Throwdown This is actually the first time I used real stitching on a card. I had my machine out sewing for the new granddaughter we are expecting in July so decided to try it. I think it is a good technique for the banners. The Banner punch (free from SU's Sale-A-Bration) was used for the banners from scraps papers. The butterfly is a SU stamp and coordinating punch. The ruffled ribbon is also SU. I pulled out an old Studio G stamp for the sentiment.
Here is the sketch I followed
combined with the colors of lime, espresso, white from The Card Concept picture insipiration
Look how nicely they go together--the bonbons all lined up in a row like the ribbons on the sketch.
I used a clean and layered concept for this card.
The lime polka dot ribbon wrapped around the front is from Michael's. The dandelions are from Stampendous stamped with SU's Lucky Limeade on white cardstock and matted with SU's early espresso. The sentiment is from SU's Loving Thoughts. I chose the word because it fit on the space--how un"imagine"ative is that. LOL!!!