Sunday, July 28, 2013

Keep Calm

My 41 year old niece was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. She is the mother of 2 teenage boys and 2 younger girls. We thought after the lumpectomy she would not need further treatment. Closer studies of the mass revealed a virulent form of cancer so they will be doing chemotherapy. I am sending her a care package with treats and a card to open each week of her treatments. She has a very positive attitude and a great sense of humor. So I am going with humor cards. This one
and the inside:
uses the Keep Calm stamp set from SU and this sketch from  The Paper Players 
Here are some of the other cards I will use



I hope these will cheer her up during this stressful time. Please pray for successful treatments for Heather.
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear..what a heart-breaking diagnosis, but your cards and treat packages will be quite uplifting! Love your little "Keep Calm" card---so glad you were able to use my sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Donna, my thoughts go out to you and your niece. Your cards are darling--especially the one for us at The Paper Players--and I'm sure they will bring her some much needed laughter! So glad you joined us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Donna! I will keep your niece in my thoughts and prayers. Your cards will certainly keep her spirits lifted during her treatments. I am so glad you shared them with The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete