Tuesday, June 18, 2013

More Flower Bling

I have had the Mixed Bunch stamp set and punch from Stampin Up for quite awhile and have finally inked it up. I think it will become a "go to" set. I used it for the sketch challenge from Tuesday Morning Sketches
Also tried pictures with the new iPhone. Not too impressed. I don't think it does close up very well. It also does not have the anti-shake feature.
The flower DP is from a DCWV paper pack--cover long gone so I don't know which one. I pulled the colors of the flowers for the background squares. I rounded each outside corner to mimic the circle shape. The flower is stamped in Colorbox violet and centered on a green scrap circle. I glued gold sequins in the flower center to give a little bling. Did you notice the bumblebee on the flower? It is a die cut from a pack from Joann's. The get well stamp and label punches are also SU. Inside, I used another of the Mixed Bunch to stamp flowers in the coordinating colors. Looking at that picture, I am thinking "fireworks" as another use for this stamp.
This is the inspiration sketch:

3 comments:

  1. This is a terrific card, Donna. I love how you stamped the flowers inside, too. The bright colors just make me smile. Fireworks? I can see that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally see the fireworks too! And a camera with no anti-shake...that would not be a camera I could be happy with, lol. I love the fun bright colours! Thanks so much for coming to play with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, hi there again..So great to see you again this week. There is a little suprise coming at TMS in a couple of weeks...We are having a birthday...that's all i can say for now..but i hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete