Monday, April 8, 2013

Recycled

I am a great supporter of recycling. We need to assure our future generations a good earth on which to live. So I am always happy to see challenges like the one at The Paper Players to use a repurposed or recycled item on a card. I am planning some travel soon and needed to replace our atlas which had lost it cover and several pages. I started to put the old one in the paper recycle bin when a light bulb went off--maps would make great background images. So here is my recycled card:
The truck is from SU, colored with colored pencils then fussy cut. I found the sentiment stamp at a trade show. It is from Morningstar Stamps I punched it out with a SU label punch. The stitched yellow ribbon makes a great road stripe. I haven't yet done the inside but I have a stamp from Lawn Fawn that says "wishing you a speedy recovery" that will be appropriate. 

6 comments:

  1. Love the use of a map here, Donna! I also love the use of the striped ribbon here. Very clever! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous use of a recycled map! I think maps are so fascinating and make the perfect background paper for your card....great job with my theme challenge this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great use of the old map page-love you ribbon for the lines on the road too !
    Best wishes,Nessa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just too cute! I couldn't take my eyes off the recycled atlas. I live in Iowa, right at the point where Highway 34 crosses the Mississippi river...my sister lives in Peoria...I am staying in Joliet for a dog show! lol I love the highway you constructed. The sentiment is perfect! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific card! I LOVE the road map as your background and the sentiment ties in perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card, Donna! I love how you re-purposed the atlas to create such a fun background. The ribbon in the middle of the "road" is such a sweet touch. Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete