Wednesday, December 19, 2012

heart balloons

More of the Valentines I am making for Operation Write Home who sends hand made cards to our troops. If like me, you accumulate a lot of excessive cards just because you like to craft, send them to Operation Write Home.Check out their website for guidelines.
I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches

Here is my take on the sketch:
Ignore that Kraft background. It is just to make the white show on the scanner. I used white cardstock base, a scrap of ribbon. The white square was run thru Big Shot with lace IP. The ballons are SU colored with a water color pen. Since this will be mailed back home by some soldier, I didn't want a lot of dimension so I just drew in a ribbon to tie the ballond together. 

3 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love those heart balloons! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply wonderful! Love those balloons too! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great cause and such a perfect card. I love the balloons and that cute polka dot ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete