Friday, April 27, 2012

2 challenges

I have a friend retiring at the end of this school year. Here is the card I made for her:
It meets the challenges of paper craft star for using polka dots, the play date cafe for this inspirational picture:

The picture looks like blue background but is actually a purple hand made paper I bought at a yard sale last year. There is a grey mat behind the purple.The flower is cut with Cricut from SU paper. The paper is double sided so I just alternated the petals. Hard to tell here, but I used Smooch Spritz on the flower for a little shine. The ribbons are from my scrap ribbon box. I wanted the flower to take center stage here so my sentiment  is on just a little tag tucked under the ribbon. Congrats is TAC stamp and punch is from SU.
I know my friend will really love retirement. I sure do!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful dotted flower, Donna, love that you you used checked ribbon and a solid background! Thanks for joining us this week for the Papercraft Star "Polka dot" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous yard sale find, Donna! Handmade paper! It turned out beautifully with the polka dotted flower. :)

    So glad you could join us at the Play Date Cafe this week. :)

    ReplyDelete