Friday, September 9, 2011

change

papercraft star has this color challenge this week.

I wasn't sure I could come up with something in that combo. But looking in my stash, I found this butterfly print on vellum (it is actually black instead of navy) and the quote that I printed on the computer and punched out. So then I found a piece of aqua to back the butterflies and backed the scalloped circle with red. So I had my entry. Turned out way easier than I thought! The butterfly is Stamp Affair. I stamped it with Staz-On black onto a piece of the aqua paper, cut it out, outlined with black marker, highlighted with Clear Star gel pen. The antenna are black jeweler's wire. In real view, it is popped up with Pop Dot. That gorgeous shimmery aqua ribbon was only $1.00 a spool at WalMart--gotta love that price. The jewels at the bottom are actually stickers from Michael's. I think this might be a great anniversary card with the message "Thank you for changing my world"

3 comments:

  1. I love the sentiment! Your card is quite lovely too!
    I'm so happy you shared it with us this week at Papercraft Star!
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer Ferrell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butterflies are always beautiful and I love your inventiveness to get all the colors in. Great job! Thanks so much for joining our challenge this week at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you were able to play along in the color challenge this week! That quote is just lovely and so true, isn't it? Great take on the challenge, and thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete