Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back to School

Paper Craft Star challenge 59 is a back to school project.
I know this card is an odd back to school project. A good friend's son had a bike accident 2 days before school started. He broke an ankle and is in a cast and on crutches. He is going to have a rough few weeks so I wanted to make this card to cheer him up. Also I wanted to share my designer "camo paper". I used a light tan paper and smeared Timber Brown, Pine Green, Sage Green, and Tea Dye inks at random. I'm thinking I'll have to do this for some other masculine cards. Lots of potential.


The card base is Kraft paper. The turtle stamp is from Stampabilities, colored with colored pencils. The sentiment is computer generated. I tied some twine for extra texture.

2 comments:

  1. I completely love that background ! Very clever, and of course unique. Thanks for joining us this week at Papercraft Star !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't ya just look inking up some paper and making your own designs!
    Thank you for playing along at Papercraft Star!
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete