Saturday, March 12, 2011

pink/purple

There is a color challenge this week at Paper Craft Star. I like color challenges as it pushes me to try new combos. Although due to the influence of my granddaughters, I use a lot of pink and purple combinations. Cuttlebug swirl IP plate used on pink background. I attended a CK Scrapbook convention yesterday and did a "make & take" card at Boxer Scrapbook Productions with the swirley DP and just had to buy some! It is Color Me Swirls by Hot Off The Press, Inc. The embossed swirls are white on white and I sponged lavender & pink dyes over the surface. I think it makes a very pretty look. The lattice border is a Fiskar punch (also purchased at the convention). The pink flower and purple butterfly (purchased at convention) are attached with glue dots.
As you can see, I had a good time at the convention and certainly did my part to boost the economy!!LOL!!   

1 comment:

  1. Donna, I love the embossing on your card and the pretty lattice border punch. The colors are very Spring! I'm so glad you joined us this week at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete