It has been awhile since I have been in my craft mode. Bridgette http://hoosierstamper.blogspot.com/ and I discussed using up our many, many scraps of paper. So here is one I did today. The base is white linen cardstock with 4 various pink, green, purple scraps of paper. I found these glitzy butterflies on a discount rack at Hobby Lobby. I love butterflies so had to buy 2 packs!! I used Martha Stewert pink geranium ink around the edge of the scalloped circle and rose star gel pen for the dots. The message is from TAC stamped with pink geranium. On either side of the message are 2 stamped tiny flowers that look like brads (a frugal idea) covered with clear glitz gel pen to carry over the glitz from the butterflies. I think this card will cheer up its recepient.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
This is MoJo week 134. I made a birthday card of ivory cardstock. The design papers are More Mimi from TAC. The Happy Birthday stamp is also from TAC. I had scraps of paper with the pink butterly so glued it to cardstock, cut it out, and added jeweler's wire for antenna. Then used pop dot to make the butterfly look in flight. The inside has an accent stripe also from the More Mimi papers. I used hot pink paper and avacado paper and ribbon to pick up the design colors in the print. I think it is a very pretty and cheerful card. Hope you like it.
Saturday, April 10, 2010
It's been a busy week and I thought I wasn't going to get a card done for this MoJo Week 133 but I made it in time. This is on cream cardstock with aqua and brown papers. The papers are all from TLC except the paisley "ribbon". I used the for you stamp from the mini messages from TLC.
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
I won this Pemberly matchbook kit from my TAC angel Bridgette for her color combo challenge. It did not come with assembly instructions for the matchbooks but I could see right away the subtle blend of colors would work really well as sympathy cards. So here is one I made. I scored the 51/2 x 8 1/2 at 4" so the front is a little short. I completely covered the front with the aqua blend paper and did a 1" strip of coordinating on the inside back. I cut the diamond on Cricut and shaded and stamped the message with Studio G sapphire. I cut the dragonflies with the Cricut in a blended blue paper scrap and also in black. I glued the black ones to the card and used pop up dots on the blue ones. It gives a shadow effect to the dragonflies. I always have fun think of ideas when I get a new set of paper. I'm sure there will be more to come from this set.